What does it mean to be a modern woman?
A modern woman is someone who:
• Creates a better reality not only for herself but others too through championing issues she’s passionate about.
• Exercises civic duties and engages in social reformation.
• Demands others to treat her as an individual not mere gender stereotype and is unapologetic for herself and her choices.
• Is brave enough to know and acknowledge her strengths and weakness and is willing to bring her whole authentic self to all her engagements.
When does a girl become a woman?
• When she begins to make her own choices. For example, when she chooses to no longer subscribe to the labels which society, her friends, her family, her partner, or magazines put on her, rather she is authentic and grounded in herself versus others’ opinions.
How do you handle disappointment?
I handle disappointment by:
• Focusing on the journey and not the destination.
• Not taking anything personally and abiding in my values.
• Reflecting and learning from the experience because this helps me do better next time.
• Reminding myself that it is our attitude through life’s ups and downs that’s most important.
• Shifting my perspective to the bigger picture and staying focused on my overarching goals. They keep me motivated to keep going regardless of minor setbacks.
What's been a picture-perfect moment in your life?
I’ve had a few:
• Being named Miss Minnesota International 2021!
• When my baby brother was born!
• Taking on the role of Director of Enterprise Strategy at the largest health care company in the world at the age of 27!
• Becoming a Lecturer at the Medical Industry Leadership Institute and teaching the future generation of the nations’ health leaders about health care!
• Fundraising over $1,400 for my cause and gathering over 80,000 views on my content.
How do you handle stress and pressure?
• I embrace it because I know that’s one important way I learn and develop. It helps me redefine and reestablish my boundaries.
• However, constant stress and pressure shouldn’t be glamorized and promoted. Not only do we become counterproductive, but it comes at the expense of our relationships, physical, and mental health.
• We should get professional support, maintain a healthy diet and exercise, and set time aside to recharge to maintain a healthy balance.